Text and Backgrounds
From the View menu, choose Media Generators to toggle the display of the Media Generators window.
You can use this window to add text, titles, backgrounds, and other generated media. The left pane lists each of the available media generators, and the thumbnail images in the right pane represent each of the existing presets for the selected generator. Hover your cursor over a preset to see an animated example. You can drag a preset thumbnail to an empty track to add media.
Add a generated media event
1. Position the cursor where you want to create the event. 2. Activate the track you want to use by clicking on the track. 3. Select the media generator you want to use:
- From the View menu, choose Media Generators to display the Media Generators window. Select a generator in the left pane. The thumbnail images in the right pane represent each of the existing presets for the selected generator. Hover your mouse pointer over a preset to see an animated example, and drag the preset you want to use to the timeline
- From the Insert menu, choose Generated Media. The Plug-In Chooser is displayed. Select the plug-in you want to use and click OK.
The Video Event FX dialog is displayed.
1. In the Video Event FX dialog, type values in the Frame size and Length boxes to specify the size and duration of the generated media.
2. Use the controls in the Video Event FX dialog to adjust the plug-in’s settings. If you want to create an animated effect, use the keyframe controller at the bottom of the Video Event FX dialog to establish distinct settings throughout the duration of the effect.
During playback, intermediate frames are interpolated to create smooth motion. For more information about keyframe animation, the Online Help tool in Sony Vegas.
Sony Vegas Help Topics
|Capturing Video to Sony Vegas Movie Studio|
|Making your first edit in Sony Vegas Movie Studio|
|Managing Video Tracks and Layers in Vegas Movie Studio|
|Adding and Changing Transitions in Vegas Movie Studio|
|Adding Titles, Captions & Credits in Vegas Movie Studio|
|Adding Visual Effects in Sony Vegas Movie Studio|
|Creating Speed Effects (Slo motion | Speed ramp | Freeze frame)|
|Managing Audio in Sony Vegas Movie Studio (Coming Soon)|
|Sony Vegas Movie Studio Interface Map (Coming Soon)|
|Publishing your movie with Sony Vegas Movie Studio|
|Sony Vegas Movie Studio Download Page|
|Sony Vegas Movie Studio Product Info|
|Sony Vegas Video Help Blog|
|Sony Vegas Help Forum|
© 2012 StoryGuide | Drew Keller